Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) (2480)
project FTO buggy Vote_lcapproject FTO buggy Voting_barproject FTO buggy Vote_rcap 
RYAN (1531)
project FTO buggy Vote_lcapproject FTO buggy Voting_barproject FTO buggy Vote_rcap 
James (1138)
Mario (1116)
88rsr (729)
Mitch (502)
munkul (490)
Yankee (483)
b47t0n (230)
Matt (226)

Latest topics
» Polo 6n2 & corsa stuff
project FTO buggy EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:54 am by greeny

» MX 5 The current Project
project FTO buggy EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:25 am by allanhelen

» crazy.....
project FTO buggy EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 pm by Adam_4plates

» VW Polo 1.4 MPI For Sale
project FTO buggy EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:04 am by ruhulse

» Show/Roll Cages, Painting, Modification
project FTO buggy EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm by Guest

» Hi all
project FTO buggy EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 pm by Adam_4plates

» hello all
project FTO buggy EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 pm by 400bhp

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
project FTO buggy EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:46 pm by Dimzit

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
project FTO buggy EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:42 pm by Dimzit

» New to this so hi all (Punto 1.2 Sporting)
project FTO buggy EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:24 pm by Dimzit

Statistics
We have 468 registered users
The newest registered user is mikeyp42

Our users have posted a total of 10547 messages in 1286 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 173 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:01 am
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

project FTO buggy

+2
88rsr
Mario
6 posters

Go down

project FTO buggy Empty project FTO buggy

Post by Mario Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:50 pm

ok well i am putting the prelude on the back burner as i am about to start building my dads new toy which i have been looking forward to for a long time lol

what we are going to do is build a Class9 autograss buggy which is basically we can do what we want as long as its a car engine and between 1472cc and 2070cc N/A (no jay NOS is banned lol), now most who race in this class use a buggy built with a vauxhall redtop in which is good but only 150bhp stock, they then set about tuning and get them upto around 200bhp, thats 200bhp in a buggy that with the driver ways around 400kgs, 0-62mph on dirt is around 3.5secs lol from a good well sorted machine

now as thous of you who know me, i like to be different so i started looking around for engines in that catagory that would be very powerful but also cheap as blown engines are common, while i was looking i also got to thinking about transmission too and thought that a triptronic set-up might be better than a manual, as a result of both of these factors i have decided the engine and trans we are going to use will be the 2.0 V6 semi auto with triptronic from an FTO (until now its never been done in autograss as far as we have found) which comes out of the crate 180bhp for the GR or 200bhp for the GPX which puts us on even power with the redtops and gives us a little more weight over the rear wheels for traction

what we intend on doing to start with is just run with a stock GR motor and while my dad learns to drift on dirt i am going to try and lay my grubby little mits on a good GPX (or GP version-R 230bhp) and then set about tuning it with the aim of 300bhp N/A, the plan is ITB's with standalone maybe megasquirt if it will do a V6 if not i will talk my dad into omex 710 lol

i am picking the donor FTO up tomorrow and a half built tub is arriving at the weekend which has all the front cockpit built but the back where the engine goes needs doing which is perfect for us as we are doing it different, now before anyone says there might be a reason why everyone uses redtops, we have spoken to 4 owner/drivers about this idea and they all said "we never even gave it a thought, i will be looking out for it"

so i will be putting all of my spare time into building this now as we need it ready for the start of next season which is in 11 months lol i will post pics as i go lol starting tomorrow with the donor car before i set at it with the socket set lol
Mario
Mario
super moderator
super moderator

Forum Points : 7208

Back to top Go down

project FTO buggy Empty Re: project FTO buggy

Post by 88rsr Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:44 pm

sounds fun, i would have said the main reason for using redtops is theyre so common and people know what exact gains to expect as its been covered a million times,

id go a little different given the limits and go for something like a 1.8 from a civic vti-s again because i reckon there more of those about than ftos with a 2.0 v6,

interesting stuff either way
88rsr
88rsr
Modified Monsters Addict
Modified Monsters Addict

Forum Points : 6671

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:33 pm

not surprised they use the redtop Smile its the daddy.... bullet proof and the best bhp per pound ratio around Smile

all sounds good mate good luck with it all Wink keep us updated....

3.5 seconds on dirt is mad Shocked my dads mates 185bhp megabusa westfield can only just do that weighting in at 350kgs on the road with semi slicks........

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
FORUM OWNER! and Administrator
FORUM OWNER! and Administrator

Forum Points : 10189

http://www.modifiedmonsters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RYAN Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Will be intresting too see how this works out hope it goes to plan ill be watching this one Wink
RYAN
RYAN
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Forum Points : 8139

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:32 pm

1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) wrote:not surprised they use the redtop Smile its the daddy.... bullet proof and the best bhp per pound ratio around Smile

all sounds good mate good luck with it all Wink keep us updated....

3.5 seconds on dirt is mad Shocked my dads mates 185bhp megabusa westfield can only just do that weighting in at 350kgs on the road with semi slicks........

jason

these things run proper dirt tires and the ones that hit 60 in 3.5 ar running 2 tuned busa engines or similar

ricky we did look at the 1.8 teg lump but the problem is they are expensive to get a hold of compared to the 2.0 V6 fto, the one we just bought set us back £325 for the full car and it has lots of toys we can take off and sell like a full de-cat SS system made by powerflow, panels and lights and wheels extra lol so hopefully we may make our money back lol

my dad getting over heavy with the throttle, and yes we had let the engine warm up first but in all honesty i wasn't happy with him for holding it on the limiter

and here is the first fire up of the new engine

since this vid i have tidied up the wiring and also sorted the air leaks causing the high idle, brake servo take off lol, also the exhaust should be going on in the next couple of days, motor bike silencer to comply with noise regs lol
Mario
Mario
super moderator
super moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Very very sweet and looks so much fun

Matt
Matt
Matt
Special User
Special User

Forum Points : 5161

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:35 pm

right just another little update, my dad has just rang to say that he has done the drive shafts and filled the gearbag with oil and set it off down the drive to see what it goes like, his direct words "f*#k me its fast, it eats the old buggy alive and it scared the s*#t out of me" rough translation means i think its faster than we thought lol
Mario
Mario
super moderator
super moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Lmao ha ha then it's all good lol as murry walker would say
( GO GO GO )

Matt
Matt
Matt
Special User
Special User

Forum Points : 5161

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:59 am

ok got an update, been down helping my dad this weekend and its ready or should i say was, as of around 6pm last night it needs a new drive shaft making, it snapped after about 5 miles of running back and forward down the drive, hmmmm me thinks someone didnt do their job properly lol any way lets see if i can link the vids across.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=434499733242870&set=vb.100000485407607&type=2&theater

tell me if this works guys, this was me in my first go in it, yup its quick lol cant even get it out of 2nd as we run out of road and it still spins all the way through 2nd lol

my dads run but dont think the sound works

Mario
Mario
super moderator
super moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Thu May 03, 2012 8:48 pm

right forgot to post, it had its first outing last week and in its first ever race in anger it got a second in very wet conditions, then my dad feeling very pleased with himself wet to fire it up for race 2 and nothing, totally dead. we suspected a dead fuse due to wet conditions but upon closer inspection and tracing power we found the regulation cut off switch on the bonnet has fail. oh well thats why this season is a shakedown season lol
Mario
Mario
super moderator
super moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down