Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) (2480)
Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" Vote_lcapLatest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" Voting_barLatest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" Vote_rcap 
RYAN (1531)
Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" Vote_lcapLatest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" Voting_barLatest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" Vote_rcap 
James (1138)
Mario (1116)
88rsr (729)
Mitch (502)
munkul (490)
Yankee (483)
b47t0n (230)
Matt (226)

Latest topics
» Polo 6n2 & corsa stuff
Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:54 am by greeny

» MX 5 The current Project
Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:25 am by allanhelen

» crazy.....
Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 pm by Adam_4plates

» VW Polo 1.4 MPI For Sale
Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:04 am by ruhulse

» Show/Roll Cages, Painting, Modification
Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm by Guest

» Hi all
Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 pm by Adam_4plates

» hello all
Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 pm by 400bhp

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:46 pm by Dimzit

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:42 pm by Dimzit

» New to this so hi all (Punto 1.2 Sporting)
Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:24 pm by Dimzit

Statistics
We have 468 registered users
The newest registered user is mikeyp42

Our users have posted a total of 10547 messages in 1286 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 173 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:01 am
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble"

3 posters

Go down

Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" Empty Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble"

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Okay, here are the latest plans and intentions for the Cinq over the next year or so Smile

As it stands the car is in need of a fair few bits to make it respectable for a show stand, but so get it back on the road as reliable as it can be i need to get the new MF2 injector driver and new map sensor in so i can bring the car onto boost smoothly and safely! the MF2 i ordered has been cancelled due to taking a looooong long time to be delivered. Thankfully after some favour i will be getting a brand new MF2 for £0 Smile which should be with me before Xmas!
That leaves me with just having to buy the MAP sensor for £100.

With the MF2 fitted and wired up i need to get a new lambda sorted out to get the engine running as best as possible off boost while bringing back some kind of throttle response.
With that done i have to make a choice......do i get a new 2" TB plenum made up and stick the big FMIC on or do i simply return it to Noble's for another setup?

If i fit the big cooler and 2" TB plenum then i can have it setup to run say 165bhp with far less boost than before making it safer and more reliable leaving me with scope for more boost and power if i forge the engine in the future.......

Or i leave the TB and cooler and simply repeat the last setup (156.6bhp) with the addition of the water methanol injection which id assumed gave the car about 8-10bhp at least @ 14psi.

Once set-up and running okay.......

The plans for the car then are to make it more reliable in terms of mechanical breakages on the engine, box and shafts...... then to make the car more usable, in terms of putting the power down better!

Firstly to make the car more reliable i think i will definitely be heading down the forged route for the rods and pistons even though they seem to cost the earth!, at least ill now i can safely run over 165bhp without the constant risk of snapping a rod at high revs for example. Id go for uprated big end bolts and some total seal rings in the process leaving the block and crank standard (unless i could get the crack balanced and lightened for cheap).

As for the drive shafts i have found a place that will do a pair of forged shafts for around 350 quid using your old shafts. These are available with billet shaft ends for the hub also for an extra cost!

Now, to put the power down this car NEEDS a LSD, ill have to get one for sure if i was ever considering allowing the engine to produce more torque. This and a combination of some road legal semi-slick tyres should be a good way to get some more traction and performance more of the time, i considered fitting some 15" wheels to the front but soon went off that idea.

And here is a list of things i will or would like to get sorted for the car over time including th above things-

1. Tubular turbo manifold.

2. Rear disc conversion.

3. Brake Bias valve.

4. After-market ECU (Megasquirt or Omex).

5. Forged rods and pistons.

6. After market shafts.

7. Possibly uprated head bolts or stud conversion.

8. Bucket seats......maybe

9. Matching gauges......need a few thousand of those buggers!

10. MF2 to control water injection.....maybe.

Either way this little lot will take some time and im more concerned with getting it usable for the Summer even if it goes back to 156bhp (not complaining at that mind you Smile )

Thanks

Jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
FORUM OWNER! and Administrator

Forum Points : 10202

http://www.modifiedmonsters.com

Back to top Go down

Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" Empty Re: Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble"

Post by munkul Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:01 pm

i know, im pissing on your barbeque of awesomeness, but when is "enough"?

It seems to me like your car will be reliable enough at 160bhp without too much expense, then you can enjoy it and start saving for something like a house or a lambo.

Thats a good few thousand in what you'e listed there, never mind the labour and all the little hidden costs.

Meh... im getting old. Just do it. 250bhp 1.2 cinq, yeah boi!!!

munkul
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Forum Points : 5909

Back to top Go down

Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble" Empty Re: Latest plans for the Italian Missile now nicknamed "Trouble"

Post by Yankee Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 pm

+1 !
Yankee
Yankee
Advanced User
Advanced User

Forum Points : 6257

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:26 am

munkul wrote:i know, im pissing on your barbeque of awesomeness, but when is "enough"?

It seems to me like your car will be reliable enough at 160bhp without too much expense, then you can enjoy it and start saving for something like a house or a lambo.

Thats a good few thousand in what you'e listed there, never mind the labour and all the little hidden costs.

Meh... im getting old. Just do it. 250bhp 1.2 cinq, yeah boi!!!

haha, you not wrong it daft all this....it really is. Cant explain it but a big part of me wants a tuned ST Focus or a nice early impreza buuuut......i just get more of a buzz from the cinq Very Happy

I guess i have Cento turbo blood but nothing makes me smile like my car at full chat sat on the bumper of a big powered car, its priceless. (not that ive driven anything totaly insane) but ive drove and been in some serious stuff ,but then climbing back into the old Italian tin can with a big turbo under the lid and lots of noises you'd normally here on a rally car coming from the front just gives me a buzz hehe.....

Just thinking though....a few years from now...hhhmmm

we will see what the future brings Smile

thanks

Jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Forum Points : 10202

http://www.modifiedmonsters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yankee Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Don't your car already go like stink?
Yankee
Yankee
Advanced User
Advanced User

Forum Points : 6257

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down