Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) (2480)
Highly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 Vote_lcapHighly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 Voting_barHighly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
RYAN (1531)
Highly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 Vote_lcapHighly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 Voting_barHighly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
James (1138)
Mario (1116)
88rsr (729)
Mitch (502)
munkul (490)
Yankee (483)
b47t0n (230)
Matt (226)

Latest topics
» Polo 6n2 & corsa stuff
Highly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:54 am by greeny

» MX 5 The current Project
Highly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:25 am by allanhelen

» crazy.....
Highly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 pm by Adam_4plates

» VW Polo 1.4 MPI For Sale
Highly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:04 am by ruhulse

» Show/Roll Cages, Painting, Modification
Highly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm by Guest

» Hi all
Highly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 pm by Adam_4plates

» hello all
Highly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 pm by 400bhp

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
Highly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:46 pm by Dimzit

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
Highly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:42 pm by Dimzit

» New to this so hi all (Punto 1.2 Sporting)
Highly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:24 pm by Dimzit

Statistics
We have 468 registered users
The newest registered user is mikeyp42

Our users have posted a total of 10547 messages in 1286 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 173 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:01 am
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Highly Modified Proton GTI

+6
munkul
FISHYGT
RYAN
Mario
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
Bagpuss23
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Highly Modified Proton GTI - Page 2 Empty Re: Highly Modified Proton GTI

Post by Yankee Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:13 pm

So I guess I was not barking up the wrong tree after all then.
Yankee
Yankee
Advanced User
Advanced User

Forum Points : 6244

Back to top Go down

Post by munkul Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

That looks like top notch work.

I have some issues with the way you've done, I hope you dont mind me asking...

Why or how was the pace one worse than the new one? The pace one looked bigger...
Why didnt you get a larger IC core, and have the end tanks re-worked? Theres loads of places that would have done it. You could have got a small double pass one and had the outlets on the back, eliminating more piping and leaving more space.
Or, why didnt you just chop some of the front members back, maybe adding reinforcement if needed?
Also, why make up that retarded looking "suicide" elbow for the recirc, when you could have just re-routed the whole pipe? Looked like you could have had enough space to make it all look nice without many direction changes.

These are all questions I ask, because it looks like you easily have the skills or resources to do this however you wanted and have it 100% perfect from a design point of view, as WELL as asthetics.

The workmanship looks absolutely second to none, it looks like really good quality. I'm just surprised by the design solutions, thats all.

munkul
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Forum Points : 5896

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagpuss23 Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Understand your comments but the pictures don't show the limitations we had with space.

There are so many different ways around the problems, but seeing as the front end it the same as Evo 1, 2 and 3's, you could have argued that we should have fitted an Evo inter cooler and fully rework all the pipe work but to do this we would have to either 1 fit an Evo 3 bumper to get the space, or hack the standard GTI bumper to death, which we didn't want to do cause we wanted to leave it as standard as possible.

The Pace inter cooler which was Twin pass was a lot thinner then the one that we fitted. The one fitted has actually got a bigger capacity then the Pace one and less flow restrictions.

Over all though as the car ran very well non-inter cooled I am sure that these modifications will be more then adequate for the set up of the car, as it is only running 5 psi, and I also feel very lucky that we had the opportunity to fit an inter cooler as all the other super charged Proton's that we have seen are mounted directly to the inlet manifold with no option to cool.
Bagpuss23
Bagpuss23
Beginner
Beginner

Forum Points : 5015

Back to top Go down

Post by RYAN Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Well done good progress id like to take a closer look at this car one day looks mean Wink
RYAN
RYAN
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Forum Points : 8139

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2