Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) (2480)
water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! Vote_lcapwater/methonal injection kit fitted and working! Voting_barwater/methonal injection kit fitted and working! Vote_rcap 
RYAN (1531)
water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! Vote_lcapwater/methonal injection kit fitted and working! Voting_barwater/methonal injection kit fitted and working! Vote_rcap 
James (1138)
Mario (1116)
88rsr (729)
Mitch (502)
munkul (490)
Yankee (483)
b47t0n (230)
Matt (226)

Latest topics
» Polo 6n2 & corsa stuff
water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:54 am by greeny

» MX 5 The current Project
water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:25 am by allanhelen

» crazy.....
water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 pm by Adam_4plates

» VW Polo 1.4 MPI For Sale
water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:04 am by ruhulse

» Show/Roll Cages, Painting, Modification
water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm by Guest

» Hi all
water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 pm by Adam_4plates

» hello all
water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 pm by 400bhp

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:46 pm by Dimzit

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:42 pm by Dimzit

» New to this so hi all (Punto 1.2 Sporting)
water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:24 pm by Dimzit

Statistics
We have 468 registered users
The newest registered user is mikeyp42

Our users have posted a total of 10547 messages in 1286 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 173 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:01 am
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

water/methonal injection kit fitted and working!

3 posters

Go down

water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! Empty water/methonal injection kit fitted and working!

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Mon May 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Today me and matt (fishygt) stayed behind to finish off fitting the Aquamist water injection kit, i have a washer bottle mounted in the rear off the car feeding the water to the injection pump under the bonnet, ive gone for the smallest water jet to start with and this developed by far the best "mist spray" off all the jets. The jet is a 240cc/hr jet running at 9 bar pressure and the kit is only running pure tap water at the moment as i dont have any methonal but it doesnt matter! the kit is working insainly well!!!!! the inlet temps at 15psi are the same as ambient temp so between the cooler and the spray the charge temps caused by the turbo have been cancelled off and the boost pipes after the spray are very cold to touch like a drink from the fridge Very Happy
Ive set it up so it comes in at 10psi but it seems to have a slightly neggative effect on power at this boost level, however at 15psi its made a fantastic improvement to power! accelerating in 4th at full boost and then flicking the water injection switch results in a added instant kick that continues to increase the power right up the revs, its like having a little mini shot off nitrous in the way it kickes in if turned on by the switch Very Happy tyres are far from happy after the drive home! Twisted Evil
The engine seems alot more happy if the revs are higher when the water start injecting but its not to bad.
Im looking forward to seeing what a 50/50 mix off water and methonal will be like but im alot happyier knowing the cylinder temps etc are lower and the chance off meltdown are hugly reduced! Smile

10/10 for water injection......does what it says on the tin!! and has released the extra ponies from my engine that the small unefficient intercooler where holding back. id estimate the power to be around 165bhp/154lb/sf including the external mist intercooler spray which manages to lower charge temps by 5-7 degrees all on its own! Surprised
It would be great to use the MF2 to fine tune the kit in the future because you can tell when it working at its best and when it needs adjustments in the rev range etc.

undates once the kit is using methonal mix aswell thankyou

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
FORUM OWNER! and Administrator

Forum Points : 10202

http://www.modifiedmonsters.com

Back to top Go down

water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! Empty Re: water/methonal injection kit fitted and working!

Post by munkul Tue May 25, 2010 3:31 pm

thats mint. People have often talked about the theoretical boost to power WI alone can give under the right conditions, but thats the first time ive personally seen someone able to say straight up that it works.

could you have a low and high boost solenoid and have WI on the same switch? seems like it could be useful for drag racing or something, like you flick a switch after you change into 3rd or something?

munkul
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Forum Points : 5909

Back to top Go down

water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! Empty reply

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Tue May 25, 2010 5:27 pm

munkul wrote:thats mint. People have often talked about the theoretical boost to power WI alone can give under the right conditions, but thats the first time ive personally seen someone able to say straight up that it works.

could you have a low and high boost solenoid and have WI on the same switch? seems like it could be useful for drag racing or something, like you flick a switch after you change into 3rd or something?

hi mate, yes it works very well Very Happy (surpose its like fitting a large efficient intercooler really?) there is just more torque from the midrange onwards and it makes such a big difference to the air temps making me much more settled. The idea about having two boost switches is a great idea! i think it could be made to work and it would be a good mod, ill look into it Wink
As for drag racing yes its ideal, dont get me wrong its not like a huge shove from nitrous but the increase in power is satisfactory and the power has got to be 8bhp min for me to feel the increase in the pull like it has done, every little helps down the old quater mile ey Very Happy

Thankyou

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! Empty Re: water/methonal injection kit fitted and working!

Post by allanhelen Wed May 26, 2010 3:06 pm

I've been running 50% Water/50 %Methanol mix on my Supercharged MX-5 for a while now and it really does work a treat, mine kicks in at 7psi and when it does the car takes of like a scalded cat.

The best systems really are the ones that are 3d mappable and have multi-port injection, the poorer effects you are feeling Jason is when the water to fuel ratio is too high so it might be worth turning it up to kick in a couple of psi higher or have a look at devils own WI they do a smaller 180cc nozzle

You could see if you can find someone who is ditching their MF2 then you could do 3D single port that would work nice, and you could get then go for more power and lean the engine a bit run more timing advance with a 10:1 fuel to Water to Methanol ratio (after all Water is free and Methanol is 50p per litre)

Anyway if you want to try some Methanol in yours bob up I've got some

allanhelen
Active User
Active User

Forum Points : 5301

Back to top Go down

Post by munkul Wed May 26, 2010 4:22 pm

ive been wanting to convert my REBIC to control WI when i ditch it from fuel duties, but everywhere i read they say fuel injectors will rust quickly?

munkul
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Forum Points : 5909

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Wed May 26, 2010 10:52 pm

allanhelen wrote:I've been running 50% Water/50 %Methanol mix on my Supercharged MX-5 for a while now and it really does work a treat, mine kicks in at 7psi and when it does the car takes of like a scalded cat.

The best systems really are the ones that are 3d mappable and have multi-port injection, the poorer effects you are feeling Jason is when the water to fuel ratio is too high so it might be worth turning it up to kick in a couple of psi higher or have a look at devils own WI they do a smaller 180cc nozzle

You could see if you can find someone who is ditching their MF2 then you could do 3D single port that would work nice, and you could get then go for more power and lean the engine a bit run more timing advance with a 10:1 fuel to Water to Methanol ratio (after all Water is free and Methanol is 50p per litre)

Anyway if you want to try some Methanol in yours bob up I've got some

I think i will go for the 50/50 mix and get a 25litre container for myself when the pennys builkd back up, but yes thanks martin i will pop up soon and give it a go!
I may well invest in another MF2 as i can see the water/mehtonal injection being very good "fine tuned" to suit the engine in terms of power......id be able to run the same power at less boost and then i have scope for lots more should i ever go down the forged pistons/rods route etc.
Ive had a couple off issues since yesterday to do with both the water injection and the MF2 however! The car now pulls stronger at 10psi with the water injection on for starters!, it turned out that unknown to me the push on fit nylon pipe to the injector was well worn and has been spraying half the pressure around the engine bay! so i would imagine there has been more dropplets than mist being injected into the pipe. i cut the pipe down and its a tight sealed fit now and the water is atomzing really well, i the took it for a test run today with Matt (fishgt) and im getting huge wheel spin in third and fourth at 10psi in this wet weather! if i turn the water injection off then the wheel spin stops in fourth and is reduced in third Smile bingo its working well now! im yet to find out if 15psi feels any better because it wount put the power down well enough tonight, tut!
But my second issue was much more severe! yesterday i was on my way home and went for full throttle in second to get away from a certain tailgating vauxhall corsa! only it felt like id it a brick wall as the boost came in!, the fueling leaned right off the gauge and i lost power! when i got home i descovered the injector light wasnt coming on on the MF2 Sad could have ended up with a blown engine!! i tried to see why the MF2 wasnt working but got annoyed and left the car for the night, tonight i got back in an found that the Turbo Smart FCD was once again "self adjusting" and wasnt cutting intime to stop fuel cut hence causing the huge lean off, i then started the car (after setting the fcd up again) and removed the boost input from the MF2, i then brought the revs up to 2000 and blew into the MF2's map sensor which started it injecting......now either the MF2 is on its way out intermitantly or the FCD was causing the issue (which seems to be very simalar to the issue i had a few weeks ago with the fcd) (i never though to test the mf2 with my mouth the night before when i had the problem) so im a little worried about it doing it while im blasting along a full boost Neutral

munkul wrote:ive been wanting to convert my REBIC to control WI when i ditch it from fuel duties, but everywhere i read they say fuel injectors will rust quickly?

hope not Neutral having said that i have a few volvo injectors around so if this happens ill let you now when i have to change them Crying or Very sad

thanks

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:22 pm

Been doing a little playing with the water injection that has resulted in a very real increase in power once again Twisted Evil Neutral

Ive been having a fair few issues with the kit since i fitted it, leaks, wiring etc etc which has meant its been working on and off and at times working but not very well!!
So yesterday i rewired the kit, fixed a very bad leak (2 litres off water/sceen wash in my rear footwell !!, and got it setup correctly to come in at 9.5psi as i found it was flickering on and off in low boost making it behave badly (10psi).

But this isnt the best part....i decided to give it a go with the larger water jet and run with alot more concentrate screen wash (about 50/50) and then forgot about it till this morning. I was driving to work and a nice orange westfield came out in front off me and booted it. without thinking i dropped into third to chase it and boy was i suprised! the instant the boost spiked i got goose bumps from the accelertion and the added enjoyment off a westfiled driver wondering why a fiat cinquecento was catching him up down a striaight while squirming around in 3rd gear haha.
Thinking it must be just having a good day and it was just me i continued to play around to find that even on the warm tarmac it was not just spinning the wheel like normal but making the tryes squeel like crazy in second (never happened before) and the pull in every gear is amazing and doesnt fail to make my arms tingle.....its pulling like nothing ive driven at work before and i work on 250bhp Volvo T5s so its a good comparison and a local hill on the way to work showed the increase in power as the hill felt like it wasnt there at all ,im starting to feel sorry for the bottom end and gearbox Embarassed

I want a forged bottom end!! and the J and S needs wiring up soon, its a little animal this car and it gets better and better as i fine tune the setup. The next thing for me is to sort out the mega restrictive down pipe and throttle body plenum as this will allow and very real 175bhp to be made from the engine should i ever forge the bottom end,which means i could back the boost down to 10psi and bring the figure down to 165ish again as the turbo and setup will deffinatly make alot off power with good breathing.....look at the turbo minis - 8v 1.3 running a large cooler and gt17 at 15psi making 184bhp, 20 psi would knock it over 200!
I may not be daft enought to go for 200bhp now but at least the breathing mods will halp the turbo spool up better.

thanks

jason

(ill post some vids up soon off a video i took off the clock in low boost from 27mph-93mph in 9.4seconds)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by allanhelen Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:59 pm

It really is amazing that squirting water into an engine has so much effect I know, good to see you are enjoying it!

Have you thought of trying 15" wheels or taller tyres to up the gearing a bit, it may get you some more traction. maybe something like Toyo 888's i think they do a 185/60/14 I was looking at them but wasn't sure they would fit my old set up

If you are relying on the WI more and more a flow check sensor might be a good idea just to make sure if you get a blocked jet etc you don't cook your engine

allanhelen
Active User
Active User

Forum Points : 5301

Back to top Go down

water/methonal injection kit fitted and working! Empty reply

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:54 am

allanhelen wrote:It really is amazing that squirting water into an engine has so much effect I know, good to see you are enjoying it!

Have you thought of trying 15" wheels or taller tyres to up the gearing a bit, it may get you some more traction. maybe something like Toyo 888's i think they do a 185/60/14 I was looking at them but wasn't sure they would fit my old set up

If you are relying on the WI more and more a flow check sensor might be a good idea just to make sure if you get a blocked jet etc you don't cook your engine

It is mate yes the power has har me tingling again this morning haha!, i have considered it many times not just for traction but for looks, but you may remeber i ran 15" rondells on my old cinq with 195/45 15's on and i had so many problems with scrubing when lowered only 30mm, on the rear mine runs 70mm springs and i think id have to have a load off arche work done.
I looked into getting some semi slick tyres but itseems my particulat size is a nitemare, ive just fitted some new Falken tyres to the car to try something different though......the Falkens seem to have a small amount more surface are on the road due to the side wall not being so aggressive as on the toyos and they have the same tread compound,wear rate even traction rating so im looking forward to seeing what they re like.

thanks

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down