Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) (2480)
Visited The Wizards today :) Vote_lcapVisited The Wizards today :) Voting_barVisited The Wizards today :) Vote_rcap 
RYAN (1531)
Visited The Wizards today :) Vote_lcapVisited The Wizards today :) Voting_barVisited The Wizards today :) Vote_rcap 
James (1138)
Mario (1116)
88rsr (729)
Mitch (502)
munkul (490)
Yankee (483)
b47t0n (230)
Matt (226)

Latest topics
» Polo 6n2 & corsa stuff
Visited The Wizards today :) EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:54 am by greeny

» MX 5 The current Project
Visited The Wizards today :) EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:25 am by allanhelen

» crazy.....
Visited The Wizards today :) EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 pm by Adam_4plates

» VW Polo 1.4 MPI For Sale
Visited The Wizards today :) EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:04 am by ruhulse

» Show/Roll Cages, Painting, Modification
Visited The Wizards today :) EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm by Guest

» Hi all
Visited The Wizards today :) EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 pm by Adam_4plates

» hello all
Visited The Wizards today :) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 pm by 400bhp

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
Visited The Wizards today :) EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:46 pm by Dimzit

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
Visited The Wizards today :) EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:42 pm by Dimzit

» New to this so hi all (Punto 1.2 Sporting)
Visited The Wizards today :) EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:24 pm by Dimzit

Statistics
We have 468 registered users
The newest registered user is mikeyp42

Our users have posted a total of 10547 messages in 1286 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 173 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:01 am
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Visited The Wizards today :)

+2
munkul
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
6 posters

Go down

Visited The Wizards today :) Empty Visited The Wizards today :)

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:46 pm

Right, me Rich and "the twin towers" (Matt and Danny) have visited the Wizards today and had a good chat with the very helpful and friendly staff there!

Firstly we had a good luck and chat about my NOS kit, ive received some prices for a full front end upgrade but for now ive gone for some WON parts to make the kit reliable to use and to make it work properly!

the bits included a new Injector (Fogger nozzle), new Jet holders, two jets, blue and red Nylon NOS and Fuel pipe, and the necessary fittings to plumb them in Smile
This should make the kit more reliable and im told the difference in torque from these mods alone will be impressive!

While i was there i got the bottle filled up and ive got a couple of Wizards Of NOS stickers for the Punto Smile

The only down side with my WON upgrade bits is i have to test the system before i go for the 40bhp jets because as it stands ive been given 25bhp jets, once i can confirm the test has gone okay i can swap the jets for the larger 40bhp ones..........

ill get some pics up of the new new bits soon

thanks

Jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
FORUM OWNER! and Administrator

Forum Points : 10202

http://www.modifiedmonsters.com

Back to top Go down

Visited The Wizards today :) Empty Re: Visited The Wizards today :)

Post by munkul Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:48 pm

crazy man.

munkul
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Forum Points : 5909

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:54 pm

When you taking me for a traz then ? I want to feel the g's lol
Mitch
Mitch
Advanced User
Advanced User

Forum Points : 5896

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:59 pm

munkul wrote:crazy man.

That's me Smile Smile

im in serious thought of getting a brand new kit for the cinq with a larger 11lb bottle, bottle heater and fail-safes as added extra's. After talking with the Wizards it seems that NOS on turbo cars is an absolute buzz, it rapidly increases turbo spool up to the point where torque curves become flat and shot of NOS 35bhp and under make the engine even safer due the the massive cooling effect of NOS in the intake apparently Smile Smile

Id probably run a 25bhp shot in Low Boost so i run the same or just over my current power in high boost but with more torque over alot more of the rev range, plus the 11lb bottle would be ample for alot of fun over a good period of time Smile Smile im getting excited thinking about NOS on the Cinq!!!!! it might have tp be done asap bounce

Mitch wrote:When you taking me for a traz then ? I want to feel the g's lol

well i need to do a static test on the new WON running gear to make sure the air/fuel ratio is okay, once thats done i need to pop back to the Wizards to swap the 25BHP jets for my 40bhp jets then you can feel NOS for the first time!!......IT AWSOME Smile Smile i cant wait to feel the full beans the kit has to offer because from what little ive felt so far it should be mint!

BTW guys after driving the car tonight for some time the bottle reached a nice warm temp and the bottle pressure went upto 800PSI !! the highest yet after being filled so once the 40 jets are in and the temp goes back up to 800 it'll be a hoooot to drive Smile

thanks

Jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by RYAN Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:15 am

You can really tell the difference when you turn the nos on it does fly for a 1.2 not sure why you really need it on the cinq it shows most things up on the road anyway it'll be even more of a rocket Very Happy
RYAN
RYAN
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Forum Points : 8152

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:35 am

RYBO wrote:You can really tell the difference when you turn the nos on it does fly for a 1.2 not sure why you really need it on the cinq it shows most things up on the road anyway it'll be even more of a rocket Very Happy

Ryan the NOS wasn't on yesterday Smile the fuel jet that's in would kill it instantly, yesterday was me just thrashing it best as poss hehe

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by RYAN Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:30 pm

Haha it was still quick Laughing
RYAN
RYAN
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Forum Points : 8152

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:25 pm

RYBO wrote:Haha it was still quick Laughing

its not bad when you work the gears and the the engine hard...plus id striped all the weight out that day too which made a difference Smile

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizardess Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:16 pm

I'm pleased your trip to our HQ was worthwhile, Jason. It'll surely be interesting for everyone to hear about what difference just changing those few components make. It's a shame you weren't able to stretch to changing the solenoids as well, but it's an upgrade you can consider for the future. It's an NX kit that you're upgrading isn't it? Have you found the time to fit the WON parts yet?

The static test itself is very quick and simple and assuming the results are deemed acceptable by our technicians, you can then proceed to a road/track test, and again if all goes as expected, you'll be able to upgrade to 40bhp very quickly.
Anyone who doesn't own a WON nitrous system probably won't be aware of what a static test is. If you're curious to find out what's involved, you can read the short text on page http://www.noswizard.com/hpsnw_admin/pdf/Static%20test%20only%201.pdf to discover how simple it is. The test results will give a good indication of if the fuel/nitrous ratio is correct or needs tweaking. If the ratio does need to be altered, again it is a very simple procedure (a 5 min job) that just involves changing the size of the fuel metering jet. Altogether our nitrous systems are simple to install and tune for a competent mechanic and even novices with basic mechanical knowledge have succeeded with help from our instructions and guidance.

Like everyone else Jason, I look forward to hearing about your experiences with nitrous after the WON upgrade.

Regards,
Lisa

Wizardess
Wizards Of NOS
Wizards Of NOS

Forum Points : 4848

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:00 pm

The kit i have is indeed an NX kit, and i havnt yet fitted the upgrade bits Sad mainly due to a few its im not sure of i the kit your technitians have given me, the way it all fits together is different to the NX kit so im a little confused.

An as for the soleniods i will more than likley make do wiht the kit for now as i intend to purchase a new kit from you in the future with a larger more usuable bottle! Smile

thanks

Jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizardess Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:15 pm

It's understandable that after having fitted an NX system, you'd find the differences of fitting WON components a little confusing to begin with. However you should find the instructions you need from one or more of the many guides on page http://www.noswizard.com/installation-manuals.php If you still have questions, I advise you to call Ant at the office as he will be happy to provide the answers.

With regards to the solenoids, I'd like to point out that if you leave upgrading the solenoids too long, you run the risk of them failing (as they frequently do, even when new), which could cost you your engine. If you decide to upgrade to our Pulsoids ASAP, we would discount them from the cost of the full system when you purchase that. This arrangement will allow you to benefit now and avoid the risk of solenoid failure as Pulsoids never fail. Obviously it's your choice, but at least you know that you have this option.

Regards,
Lisa

Wizardess
Wizards Of NOS
Wizards Of NOS

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Ill tell you what Lisa, have a look into it for me and see what the best discounted price is from you guys for the following -

Full WON Nitrous kit with 10/11lb bottle

Bottle Heater

Basic (Cheapest lol) progressive controller

If you can PM me with the best price (trying to get the cost as low as possible), and then ill have a target for the NOS piggy bank to spend with you guys Wink

that would be great Smile

thanks

Jason

1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:01 pm

so much for leaving this stock pmsl

cant wait to see how you get on with this cos i am seriously thinking of a direct port kit for when i have the ITB's on, in all honesty i have never experienced the power gain of NOS as a driver or passenger so once you have it working jay i might bug you for a demo
Mario
Mario
super moderator
super moderator

Forum Points : 7221

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:06 pm

ooow its not for the Punto mate Smile Smile

the punto can keep the basic 2.5lb 40bhp shot Wink (Which has all the bits to go direct port MPI)

and your welcome to hop in and see what its like......i promise youll be more than impressed Smile its addictive and the torque increase is huuuge Smile

thanks

Jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:09 pm

oh dear god not for the cinq, i think i already know the answer but i hope your going todo the LSD first lol but now i am really looking forward to seeing what the cinq will do with it
Mario
Mario
super moderator
super moderator

Forum Points : 7221

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:22 pm

Mario wrote:oh dear god not for the cinq, i think i already know the answer but i hope your going todo the LSD first lol but now i am really looking forward to seeing what the cinq will do with it

naaah no LSD or after market ECU for that matter for along time....been thinking and made a few choices.....

im managing without both it just fine Wink

if i did track work or serious races, or the pod etc then yes but i dont and to be honest i dont intend to anymore, and its still totally and completely rapid on the road so im happy to give it a few more lb/sf for a good time Smile Smile

I built the car for fun at the weekends and the odd drive out with mates and just to have alot of fun in which im doing Smile
Im not trying to be competitive or break records so for now im going to give the diff and the ECU a miss.

Bring on the NOS for low boost !!! Smile

btw one thing that i do intend on doing before the diff is going for some kind of bottom end work to ensure the engine can handle the short blasts of power its dealing with already Smile im thinking forged pistons and either shot peened rods from the 16v hhhmmm

thanks

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:12 pm

tried to fit the WON nitrous upgrade bits today but sadly the jet holders dont fit onto my existing NX solenoids Sad Sad

Ive tried all the bits i the WON upgrade to see if anything will fit upto the NX solenoids but nothing does.....

Guess ill have to save for WON pulsoids or find some sort of adaptor!!

thanks

Jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by munkul Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:15 pm

try a local electrical/mechanical/pneumatics place?. Those sizes are similar to the ones used in pneumatics.

munkul
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Forum Points : 5909

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:30 pm

thanks matt good idea, it'd be nice to get it working for a while without going for the WON pulsoids Smile

thanks

Jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizardess Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi Jason,
I apologise because you should have been sold a pair of suitable adaptors along with the other parts that you purchased. If you'd like to call the office today on (01302) 834343, we can despatch the fittings tomorrow to be delivered on Wednesday.

Just one final word of warning (and I apologise in advance for repeating myself) but before you fit all of the parts, it would be wiser to wait until you've also purchased and fitted WON solenoids before using the system. As I've said before, all US brands of solenoids are prone to failure at any time (even from new), so you'll be taking a risk with your engine/car, which wouldn't be the case when using our Pulsoids.

Regards,
Lisa

Wizardess
Wizards Of NOS
Wizards Of NOS

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks Lisa, the kit did come with some kind of adaptors but they dont fit either the solenoids or the WON jet holders Shocked

ill be intouch tomorrow Smile

thanks

Jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizardess Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:42 am

Hi Jason,
If you were just given the wrong size solenoid adaptors, it should be simple enough to swap them for the correct sizes.
Regards,
Lisa

Wizardess
Wizards Of NOS
Wizards Of NOS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down