Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) (2480)
A question for the Wizards....... Vote_lcapA question for the Wizards....... Voting_barA question for the Wizards....... Vote_rcap 
RYAN (1531)
A question for the Wizards....... Vote_lcapA question for the Wizards....... Voting_barA question for the Wizards....... Vote_rcap 
James (1138)
Mario (1116)
88rsr (729)
Mitch (502)
munkul (490)
Yankee (483)
b47t0n (230)
Matt (226)

Latest topics
» Polo 6n2 & corsa stuff
A question for the Wizards....... EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:54 am by greeny

» MX 5 The current Project
A question for the Wizards....... EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:25 am by allanhelen

» crazy.....
A question for the Wizards....... EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 pm by Adam_4plates

» VW Polo 1.4 MPI For Sale
A question for the Wizards....... EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:04 am by ruhulse

» Show/Roll Cages, Painting, Modification
A question for the Wizards....... EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm by Guest

» Hi all
A question for the Wizards....... EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 pm by Adam_4plates

» hello all
A question for the Wizards....... EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 pm by 400bhp

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
A question for the Wizards....... EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:46 pm by Dimzit

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
A question for the Wizards....... EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:42 pm by Dimzit

» New to this so hi all (Punto 1.2 Sporting)
A question for the Wizards....... EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:24 pm by Dimzit

Statistics
We have 468 registered users
The newest registered user is mikeyp42

Our users have posted a total of 10547 messages in 1286 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 173 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:01 am
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

A question for the Wizards.......

3 posters

Go down

A question for the Wizards....... Empty A question for the Wizards.......

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:21 pm

a quick question for the wizards here.....

when i get round to sorting out the "front end upgrade" to make the kit safe to use id be going for either a 35 or a 50 bhp shot and i would like to no roughly how long im going to be able to maintain optimum running pressure to give the full desired power increase on my small 2.5lb bottle as a opposed to say a 10lb bottle????

Now i understand thats a hard question to answer but lets say how long with the system on and functioning until the bottle pressure becomes low enough to start to reducing power or have little effect at all Smile

and just to add on...roughly at what pressure am i likely to see no power gain at all before the power drops off???
I estimated this to be around 400psi on my setup??

thanks

Jason

1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
FORUM OWNER! and Administrator

Forum Points : 10202

http://www.modifiedmonsters.com

Back to top Go down

A question for the Wizards....... Empty Re: A question for the Wizards.......

Post by Wizardess Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi Jason,
Unfortunately I can't give you the precise answers that you're looking for. It's impossible to know for how long you'll be able to maintain optimum running pressure to achieve the full desired power increase with your small 2.5lb bottle. However, whatever length of time it is, it will be more than 4 times longer with a 10lb bottle.

"and just to add on...roughly at what pressure am i likely to see no power gain at all before the power drops off???"

We’ve always addressed the problem of pressure drop by fixing it (either with bigger or more bottles and/or with a bottle heater), so we’ve never looked into that issue. All systems will start to lose efficiency without a heater as soon as they are activated - it’s just a matter of by how much.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more specific, but I hope my answers are still of use.

Regards,
Lisa

Wizardess
Wizards Of NOS
Wizards Of NOS

Forum Points : 4848

Back to top Go down

Post by Brett928S2 Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Hi Jason Smile

Lisa is correct, its a very hard question to answer. particularly as all engines (different makes etc) even on the same jetting will last different amounts of time for the same amount of Nitrous in the bottle...

All I can add is that if you fit a bottle heater, it will work VERY well on a small bottle, much better in fact than on my huge 15lb bottles...smaller bottles heat up faster...etc...

At very low pressure (say below 400 psi) you will still FEEL the Nitrous power but it will FEEL much softer, but it will still be there...to test it, just turn OFF the Nitrous and you will find you have less power....

You could always run twin bottles if space is a problem...so in your case, twin 2.5 lb bottles WITH a "Balance" pipe, if you did it would be like using a 5lb bottle and the pressure drop would be MUCH less...or Triple bottles or even Quads lol Smile All are possible.... preferably with heaters...

I am sure Trev or Ant would be happy to help you design a multi bottle system if required Smile

All the best Brett Smile

Brett928S2
Beginner
Beginner

Forum Points : 4851

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:27 pm

Thank you Lisa and Brett, useful information Wink

well ive got a few things to think about before i go buying anything (not that i have alot of money to buy things with Sad ), for example im toying with the idea of keeping the current NOS kit on the Punto with the 40bhp jets and in the future id plan to add a bottle heater and WON solenoids but more important to me is Nitrous on the Turbo Cinq Smile

Ive pretty much decided the Cinq is going to get NOS on it no matter what, and ideally id like to purchase a brand new kit with a larger bottle for it, but at the moment i simply cant afford to buy the kit with a controller and bottle heater Sad which is ideally what i wanted to do because the poor little 1250cc engine is hard pushed with my turbo conversion seen as its running 100bhp over the stock punto engine!!

So if i did put Nitrous on id want a 25bhp shot that comes in slowly so the engine is stressed as little as possible, hhhmmmm

I may go for the WON kit and 11lb bottle once ive got some spare money and then upgrade the bits such as the controller and the heater at a later date............

ill have to do some thinking................Smile

thanks

Jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Forum Points : 10202

http://www.modifiedmonsters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down