Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) (2480)
My new W.I setup :) Vote_lcapMy new W.I setup :) Voting_barMy new W.I setup :) Vote_rcap 
RYAN (1531)
My new W.I setup :) Vote_lcapMy new W.I setup :) Voting_barMy new W.I setup :) Vote_rcap 
James (1138)
Mario (1116)
88rsr (729)
Mitch (502)
munkul (490)
Yankee (483)
b47t0n (230)
Matt (226)

Latest topics
» Polo 6n2 & corsa stuff
My new W.I setup :) EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:54 am by greeny

» MX 5 The current Project
My new W.I setup :) EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:25 am by allanhelen

» crazy.....
My new W.I setup :) EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 pm by Adam_4plates

» VW Polo 1.4 MPI For Sale
My new W.I setup :) EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:04 am by ruhulse

» Show/Roll Cages, Painting, Modification
My new W.I setup :) EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm by Guest

» Hi all
My new W.I setup :) EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 pm by Adam_4plates

» hello all
My new W.I setup :) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 pm by 400bhp

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
My new W.I setup :) EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:46 pm by Dimzit

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
My new W.I setup :) EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:42 pm by Dimzit

» New to this so hi all (Punto 1.2 Sporting)
My new W.I setup :) EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:24 pm by Dimzit

Statistics
We have 468 registered users
The newest registered user is mikeyp42

Our users have posted a total of 10547 messages in 1286 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 173 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:01 am
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

My new W.I setup :)

2 posters

Go down

My new W.I setup :) Empty My new W.I setup :)

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:17 pm

hello everyone

ive recently bought a Devils Own pre-turbo water injection upgrade for the Cinq ready for summer! , this should really help keep the inlet temps down as ill be attacking the heat right from the point its being made Smile it came today with some cool stickers and a very tasty complimentary sweet Razz

but using our 10% discount ive also decided to upgrade the hole kit by removeing the ERL setup and purchasing a Devils Own kit !! Twisted Evil and there are plenty of upgrade bits a matter of 2 days away via post.

the reason for this is the kits from them seem to be alot better in many ways without paying the modern day ERL price tags!
Ill be going for the base 6-30PSI kit which comes with a 250psi pump which is adjustable between 100-250psi Smile my ERL pump is a fixed 100psi so the new pump will allow finer tuning for jet sizes and flow rate on the rollers etc.

The Devils kits also come with a really neat solid nozzle and nozzle holder setup with the option of a cheap silicone hose nozzle holder!, im also tempted to go for one of Devils Own controllers which are a basic controller that control's the pumps duty cycle to increase the water injected as boost raises starting at 15% duty cycle right upto 100% at max boost selected Smile

I believe the Devils kit will out perform my current kit and will be a worth while buy Smile

ordering tonight all going well hehee

thanks

Jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
FORUM OWNER! and Administrator

Forum Points : 10185

http://www.modifiedmonsters.com

Back to top Go down

My new W.I setup :) Empty Re: My new W.I setup :)

Post by munkul Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:37 pm

nice.

WI pressure vs boost pressure has always bugged me on these setups. Why cant they use a rising rate regulator and a return line system same as fuel? Then WI is scaled perfectly to boost.

I might be tempted by your old kit though, if you are selling it Wink

munkul
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Forum Points : 5892

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:42 pm

munkul wrote:nice.

WI pressure vs boost pressure has always bugged me on these setups. Why cant they use a rising rate regulator and a return line system same as fuel? Then WI is scaled perfectly to boost.

I might be tempted by your old kit though, if you are selling it Wink

i see what you mean mate, the controllers are an additional 125 quid without the 10% discount, and they only control start point and rate of injection against boost.
Although they have a handy feature which cuts the kit of when the water level drops in the tank, it can be wired to boost controllers etc to cur boost levels when this happens if you are reliant on the W.i which is neat Smile

im may be selling the kit, not sure yet but you'll be the first to know Wink

What is good though is for what i paid for the ERL kit seconds hand i could have got the Devils kit with the adjustable higher pressure pump and more goodies Sad

thanks

Jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Okay my new Devils Own water injection kit is on order Smile Smile

ive added 2 silicone hose jet holders so i can mount the jets easy inside the hoses Smile

cant wait to get the kit on and running with the additional pre-turbo jet on, ill be seeing what the IAT's are doing with the kit turned of and on Wink

thanks

Jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down