Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) (2480)
increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! Vote_lcapincreased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! Voting_barincreased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! Vote_rcap 
RYAN (1531)
increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! Vote_lcapincreased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! Voting_barincreased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! Vote_rcap 
James (1138)
Mario (1116)
88rsr (729)
Mitch (502)
munkul (490)
Yankee (483)
b47t0n (230)
Matt (226)

Latest topics
» Polo 6n2 & corsa stuff
increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:54 am by greeny

» MX 5 The current Project
increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:25 am by allanhelen

» crazy.....
increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 pm by Adam_4plates

» VW Polo 1.4 MPI For Sale
increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:04 am by ruhulse

» Show/Roll Cages, Painting, Modification
increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm by Guest

» Hi all
increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 pm by Adam_4plates

» hello all
increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 pm by 400bhp

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:46 pm by Dimzit

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:42 pm by Dimzit

» New to this so hi all (Punto 1.2 Sporting)
increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:24 pm by Dimzit

Statistics
We have 468 registered users
The newest registered user is mikeyp42

Our users have posted a total of 10547 messages in 1286 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 173 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:01 am
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!!

+2
munkul
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
6 posters

Go down

increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! Empty increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!!

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Thu May 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Hello.

Since having the engine sorted ive been thinking about how to make the car corner faster to keep in the revs where the turbo is ready to pull me out of corners fast.

So far ive invested in a Rally Designs rear anti-roll bar kit which has a choice off three different strengh bars and comes with polyurathane bushes etc, im going to weld the mounting brackets to either the boot floor or the axle beam that holds the trailing arms on! This will stop the roll that cinqs get from the back induced rolling motion and massivly reduce underteer, but it will also be twisting the chassis around the centre.

The second thing i have gone for is some Ebiach adjustable camber bolts for the front to make the tyre sit as flat as possible while going round tight fast corners aswell as making the stance look great.

And lastly im getting some new tyres for the front as the power is quickly pulling them appart badly! if i get hold off another cinq soon as a daly runner i will be fitting a set off semi slick tyres such as the R888 by Toyo seen as the car wouldnt be an everyday car.

Other than this i have already fitted a rear strut brace to help reduce the stress induced by the rear antiroll bar when fitted.

I will get some pics up later!

thanks

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
FORUM OWNER! and Administrator

Forum Points : 10181

http://www.modifiedmonsters.com

Back to top Go down

increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! Empty Re: increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!!

Post by munkul Thu May 13, 2010 3:32 pm

did you actually notice a difference with the rear brace? or is it placebo?

you will like camber i guarentee it, fairly changes the handling.

Is the Rally Designs ARB the one listed as sierra on the website? Im gonna follow this with interest, i could do with less body roll also.

munkul
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Forum Points : 5888

Back to top Go down

increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! Empty reply

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Thu May 13, 2010 5:32 pm

munkul wrote:did you actually notice a difference with the rear brace? or is it placebo?

you will like camber i guarentee it, fairly changes the handling.

Is the Rally Designs ARB the one listed as sierra on the website? Im gonna follow this with interest, i could do with less body roll also.

Hello mate, the antiroll bar is the sierra cosworth item yes, a friend of mine rallys sierra's cosworths and recommended the "gravel" bar for the kit as it is very soft on the sierras even on the road and he once ran one on a PUG 205 with good result. so its an alright place to start in the attempt to reduce the roll without going for something that may be too stiff. I will have to do a few small mods to make it fit for example the arms attatched to the end need to be rewelded to make them straight seen as cinqs are very narrow lol, and also im going to get some rose jointed drop links that will hopefully bolt to the bottom shocker bolt.....thats my plan anyway lol, but ill be doing it a little at a time and posting pics up so itll be intersting to follow Very Happy

As for the camber adjustment im glad you say that because ive been wanting to do it for a while and i was hoping it would work well.

The rear strut brace......well the only thing ive noticed as yet is there are some very distinctive chassis moans when the car is being jacked (aside from the suspension creaks etc etc) and the the noises have been reduced or stopped so it may be helping the overhaul stiffness of the floppy rear end..,,,ive mounted it very central where the rear seats used to be but idealy id like to make it higher to add stiffness to the shell more, the differnece will be tiny but its for looks more than anything because its polished alluminium Very Happy

thanks

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! Empty anti roll bar and camber bolts!

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Thu May 13, 2010 7:57 pm

here is the anti-roll bar kit and the camber bolts -

increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! 32010_121758844519583_100000564053783_207238_5392910_nincreased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! 32010_121758831186251_100000564053783_207237_2231465_nincreased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! 32010_121758864519581_100000564053783_207240_7698735_n

rear brace.....more to add to the race look hehe

increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! 32010_121759614519506_100000564053783_207243_6151909_n
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! Empty Re: increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!!

Post by RYAN Thu May 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Rear strut brace looks neat bet you can tell a massive difference can you get a strut brace for under neath at the front had one on the saxo and it made it handle so much better couldn't tell with just the top front one on my car.
RYAN
RYAN
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Forum Points : 8131

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Fri May 28, 2010 10:43 pm

The camber bolts are fitted!! it just needs tracking up tomorow as its miles out but the increase in shear grip is amazing!
the noise off the tyre going slighty onto the sidewall on the road in tight corners is totaly absense and the amazingly getting the car to understeer is hard on public roads! result Very Happy

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by munkul Sat May 29, 2010 9:09 pm

camber is like some sort of secret, people always want cars that go round corners faster but they buy suspension bits to bolt on and dont give a thought towards the geometry, when for the sake of £30-odd camber bolts it could be improved drastically Sad Glad your happy with them though!

munkul
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Sat May 29, 2010 9:48 pm

munkul wrote:camber is like some sort of secret, people always want cars that go round corners faster but they buy suspension bits to bolt on and dont give a thought towards the geometry, when for the sake of £30-odd camber bolts it could be improved drastically Sad Glad your happy with them though!

your dead right! best handling mod yet and it complaments a good set off springs and shocks mated with a good set off tyres. Had the car tracked today and it drives well, steering feels exactly the same as before and braking/ accelerating in the wet is exactly the same so its not spoilt the straight line traction Very Happy
Just got to attack the rear end and get this roll bar kit on to see what its like Smile

anyway here is the camber on the front end -

increased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! 28820_126068654088602_100000564053783_227563_389774_nincreased handling to match the increased power hike!!!! 28820_126187204076747_100000564053783_228287_432046_n
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by RYAN Sun May 30, 2010 6:37 am

Looks good that Jason how was it to set up the Eibach Camber Bolts ?
RYAN
RYAN
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Forum Points : 8131

Back to top Go down

Post by munkul Sun May 30, 2010 12:04 pm

looks like just over 2 degrees, am i right?

munkul
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Sun May 30, 2010 8:28 pm

Cit C2 VTS wrote:Looks good that Jason how was it to set up the Eibach Camber Bolts ?
very! positioning the bolts fully back in my case put both wheel negative exactly the same, and suprisingly i set up the camber using the HTC desires "wheel camber gauge" on my phone which is calibrated Very Happy

munkul wrote:looks like just over 2 degrees, am i right?

Just about mate, 2 degrees bang on! had it checked after i set it up using my phone lol and it was correct. Always looks like there is more camber than there is on cinqs though and more so on mine because one of the wings isnt aligned (after a repair) and therfore sticks out further making it look like even more camber lol.

thanks
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:37 pm

Found a little issue today! seems the camber is far beyound 2 degrees! i calibrated my phone today on a flat surface and checked the wheel with a flat piece off wood and its 4.5 degrees one side and 5 degrees the other!

I checked the camber because i noticed wear occuring more than exspected at 2 degrees on the n/s/f, but......thats why it grips so well haha and im actualy thinking off leaving it (well,,,set them both equal at say 4-4.5 degrees) as im not going to be driving it alot once i get a runaround plus id like to maintain the grip level it has.

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by dsw88 Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:16 pm

what runaround you thinking of getting jay?

dsw88
Active User
Active User

Forum Points : 5374

Back to top Go down

Post by munkul Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:50 am

its a bit high that isnt it? Even with a flexible chassis.... you dont fancy playing with it until you get the highest possible mechanical grip in corners?

munkul
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by 88rsr Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:38 pm

that camber is weak mate what you want is this Laughing ....

88rsr
88rsr
Modified Monsters Addict
Modified Monsters Addict

Forum Points : 6663

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:49 am

vdubber_polo wrote:what runaround you thinking of getting jay?

Another cinq sporting mate, or a 1.1 punto or sumet. At least i have alot off spare bits for them and i no the cars very well so it makes sence.

munkul wrote:its a bit high that isnt it? Even with a flexible chassis.... you dont fancy playing with it until you get the highest possible mechanical grip in corners?

i could do mate, ill see what i can do with it lol.

thanks

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by allanhelen Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:02 pm

Looking Good Jason

Just a slight word of caution a couple of years ago there were quite a few braced and stiffly sprung cinqs that started to develop stress cracks in the shell so just keep an eye on the door pillars and floor pan around the centre tunnel

allanhelen
Active User
Active User

Forum Points : 5280

Back to top Go down

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:41 pm

allanhelen wrote:Looking Good Jason

Just a slight word of caution a couple of years ago there were quite a few braced and stiffly sprung cinqs that started to develop stress cracks in the shell so just keep an eye on the door pillars and floor pan around the centre tunnel

I remember Neutral its always on my mind as i drive to work on sheffields fantasticly smooth roads Rolling Eyes

lets hope this doesnt happen here!

thanks

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum