Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Log in if you are already a member or Join the forum for free today and get your pictures and specs up on your pride and joy!

thanks from the Administrators of MODIFIED MONSTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) (2480)
3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) Vote_lcap3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) Voting_bar3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) Vote_rcap 
RYAN (1531)
3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) Vote_lcap3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) Voting_bar3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) Vote_rcap 
James (1138)
Mario (1116)
88rsr (729)
Mitch (502)
munkul (490)
Yankee (483)
b47t0n (230)
Matt (226)

Latest topics
» Polo 6n2 & corsa stuff
3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:54 am by greeny

» MX 5 The current Project
3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:25 am by allanhelen

» crazy.....
3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 pm by Adam_4plates

» VW Polo 1.4 MPI For Sale
3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:04 am by ruhulse

» Show/Roll Cages, Painting, Modification
3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm by Guest

» Hi all
3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 pm by Adam_4plates

» hello all
3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 pm by 400bhp

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:46 pm by Dimzit

» Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting Turbo Conversion
3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:42 pm by Dimzit

» New to this so hi all (Punto 1.2 Sporting)
3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:24 pm by Dimzit

Statistics
We have 468 registered users
The newest registered user is mikeyp42

Our users have posted a total of 10547 messages in 1286 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 173 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:01 am
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year)

4 posters

Go down

3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) Empty 3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year)

Post by allanhelen Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:07 pm

I had this car for 11 years she started off life as a 93 2.5 24v V6 Cavalier but after a cam belt failure (only 6K on the belt) she had to have a heart transplant and thanks to a totalled police omega I had a 3.2 lump to go with

This is generally the same engine as the 2.5 but took a bit of work to make fit. A lot of the parts were sourced from a mate who worked for the tuning arm of Holden (GM down under) which made life a bit easier (but expensive in shipping)

The engine puts out 200+ BHP as standard but after some playing

1. Fully ballanced engine with lightened flywheel
2. High lift cams
3. Ported and polished big valve heads
4. Custom inlet manifold with 12 injectors
5. Custom map ECU & gearbox (she's an auto)
6. Custom stainless manifolds and exhaust with 2 sports cats! (for the MOT emmisions)
7. Custom Oil cooler
8. High compression pistons

She went off the scale on the rolling road we were using at the time so all I know is she had more than 250BHP but at a later date when we did a remap it ended up at 316BHP (bit optimistic but I'll take that figure thank you)

for people that don't know me I get more pleasure out of having a "Q" car than shouting about it so the external looks almost std Cavalier but if you look closely you can tell

16" wheels (with holden sourced trims)
BIG!! Vented /Drilled / Grooved disks all round with 4 pot calipers
215 /55 Bridgestones
Full Bilstein Suspension (with just a slightly lower ride hight)
Uprated antiroll bar
and an engine note that gets the old loins stiring especialy at over 6000rpm

My main achevment was managing to keep all the electronics working the TC was a bugger to do but vital in the wet I can tell you!! which is one of the reasons she only goes on road in the summer!!

To be honest it had too much power to be usable except in a straight line although overtaking is a hoot She was my everday car for a good while and has never missed a beat since the last bolt was nipped up or used a drop of Mobil 1. But she only runs on full proper super unleaded (not optimax) and on a good day manages mid 20's to the gallon on a bad day (a heavy right foot day) low teens if I was lucky.

This car is currently on the roads around Leeds with its new owner so if you get blitzed at the lights one day you know why

3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) CavRighPic

3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) CavEngine

allanhelen
Active User
Active User

Forum Points : 5301

Back to top Go down

3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) Empty CAV

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:14 pm

I remember seeing this car hideing under a dust cover secretly hiding an amzing engine!!, impressive spec, bet its great to get it on the motorway and see what it can do!!

i love to see cars like this,,,,sleepers! not what it says on the tin haha Very Happy

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
FORUM OWNER! and Administrator

Forum Points : 10202

http://www.modifiedmonsters.com

Back to top Go down

3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) Empty re: CAV

Post by RYAN Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:32 pm

Really nice car shame you don't see many now and a very impressive bhp looks neat Cool
RYAN
RYAN
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Forum Points : 8152

Back to top Go down

3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) Empty cav turbo

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:34 pm

im a bit of a fan of the old Cav turbos from back in the day, with 4 wheel drive! a bloke round sheffield has a white one with some big power,,,,,,not something you want to see at the lights

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) Empty Re: 3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year)

Post by swebb200sx Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:44 pm

i liked the old cav and calibra v6's but was never keen on the turbo 4wd's due to the 4wd being very tempremental, a lot of them had failing transfer box's when the tyres wore unevenly meaning they were only 2wd anyways. Loved the rwd omega's, was the cav fwd or 4wd. how was it with torque steer if fwd, went in one of those little alfa's with 250bhp and that torque steered like no other car i'd driven.
Bet the big v6 sounded awesome.

swebb200sx
Beginner
Beginner

Forum Points : 5278

Back to top Go down

3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) Empty Re: 3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year)

Post by allanhelen Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Well I've heard through the grape vine that unfortunately the car has been totalled by it's new owner Sad

More to the point it's end apparently was assisted thanks to a number of police cars and a Helicopter. According to my brother who is a local police inspector the car has picked up a marker as being used in the supply of drugs Shocked

allanhelen
Active User
Active User

Forum Points : 5301

Back to top Go down

3.2 Cavalier (another car that I sold last year) Empty total shame!

Post by 1250cinqturbo (ADMIN) Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:52 pm

allanhelen wrote:Well I've heard through the grape vine that unfortunately the car has been totalled by it's new owner Sad

More to the point it's end apparently was assisted thanks to a number of police cars and a Helicopter. According to my brother who is a local police inspector the car has picked up a marker as being used in the supply of drugs Shocked

Total shame! there isnt enough older mint examples of things like that car around let alone one with a spec list like that one had.

Mad

jason
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)
1250cinqturbo (ADMIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down